History of Satchells
Established in 1922 by Mr. J.G.D Satchell in Station Road, Letchworth Garden City, we have steadily grown over the years to become one of the largest independent family owned and operated general practice Estate Agents in the area with 6 prominent town centre offices. Bill Parker joined the firm soon after the war and when Mr. Satchell retired, Bill took the helm and was later joined by his son-in-law John Hilditch. When Bill retired John took full control and expanded the firm by relocating the Letchworth office from Station Road to Eastcheap, then opening offices in Baldock, Biggleswade, Sandy and Stotfold. Sons Alan and Derek then joined the firm before we relocated the Sandy office to Shefford with our latest office opening in Hitchin in 2015.
Unlike other agents we have continued to be a general practice agency, dealing with residential sales and lettings, all aspect of commercial property, land and development and a range of professional services. Our experienced staff can deal with any property related matter in house or with assistance from a vast range of third-party companies who we work closely with.
For almost 100 years we have served and supported our community whilst maintaining our independence as a traditional family firm which we expect to continue doing long into the future, with the fourth generation now being part of our strong team.
Dedicated team of staff • Excellent reputation • Independent • Delivering a high level of personal service