However due to Covid-19 we will be operating with different measures in place and some staff may still be working remotely. So please bear with us we adjust, it may take us a little longer to respond to you than before. Access to our offices is controlled and by appointment only.
People are free to move home, however the process of finding and moving into a new home is likely to be different, as those involved in the process will need to adapt practices and procedures to ensure that the risk of spread of coronavirus is reduced as far as possible. It is vital that everyone stays alert and safe (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing/staying-alert-and-safe-socialdistancing).
If you would like to use any of our services or have any questions, please contact your local office or use the links below.
Below are some guidance and best practices to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and guide you through what to expect if you are looking to sell, buy or rent during the pandemic.
- We encourage Initial viewings and valuations be carried out virtually wherever this is possible and physical visits should only be conducted where buyers/tenants are seriously considering making an offer, in a position to proceed or showing very strong interest in the property or wish to list their property for sale or let.
- Due to this we will not be able to arrange viewings on Sundays unfortunately unless by special arrangements.
- Physical appointments for viewings may only be possible if you can proceed immediately and have finance in place.
- Only those essential to the appointment and in the same household should attend viewings and valuations
- For people self-isolating, clinically vulnerable or having tested positive for coronavirus, moving home is not appropriate whilst they pose a direct risk of transmitting coronavirus. People who have coronavirus or are self-isolating with their family member should not undertake a visit.
- All involved in a visit will be asked to confirm that they are not self-isolating have the coronavirus and or showing the symptoms. A record of this will be kept and typically may be a recorded phone call or email.
- At all times Social distancing should be maintained (keep 2M apart where possible)
- If social distancing cannot be maintained, you should consider the use of a face covering.
- You should take your own hand sanitiser with you on a viewing.
- If you are an occupier, prior to the visit open all internal doors and other areas which may be of interest to the visitor, such as loft hatch (with the ladder down and loft light on), garden shed and garage door.
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed (keeping 2m apart where possible)
- Where possible, all should wash their hands-on arrival and departure (or use sanitiser) with the occupier allowing access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels
- All visitors should avoid touching surfaces where possible.
- All appointments must be kept to a minimum time frame. (15 minutes or so for a viewing)
- Only those who are essential to the appointment and in their immediate household should attend.
- Once the visit has taken place, the occupier should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels (if paper disposed of safely) washed as appropriate.
- As most people choose to do (safety and security allowing) it is encouraged that the occupier vacates their property whilst a visit is taking place in order to minimise contact with those not in their household. This should be done on arrival once introductions have taken place, at a safe distance.
- Do not shake hands or have prolonged face to face conversation in one place. Where possible hold meetings and discussions outside.
- The occupier may want to be ready with your front door open or if not, the visitor should knock and then step back a safe distance whilst the door is answered. Then after the introductions you should safely swap over if the occupier is vacating the property whilst the visit is carried out.
- If the occupier is not vacating the property and social distancing cannot be adhered to, the use of face covering should be considered and if possible, the occupiers should restrict themselves to one room whilst the visitor views the property.
- The approach is to maintain where possible social distancing measures and often this will mean allowing visitors wander round or work on their own in a property. We therefore strongly suggest that the occupier secures any valuable, cherished or delicate articles which may be susceptible to loss or breakage.
- Applicants who are attending a viewing are encouraged to carry a face covering and wear it if asked to.
- We strongly suggest that applicants do not take bags (other than handbags) into a property whilst on a viewing.
- After a visit, the occupier should wipe down surfaces with an appropriate cleaner.
- If you are moving into a rented property, instructions should be given to you on a case by case basis depending upon what type of property, how and when you are moving in and how and when you have signed your tenancy agreement, but in all instances you should maintain social distancing where possible.
- If you are having trades people visit to carry out works, surveys or an EPC, they may have their own structure and may contact you directly to inform you of these. If not, we strongly suggest that the guidance notes above will apply in general terms in most cases.
- Our staff reserve the right to cancel or stop an appointment if attending ourselves if we feel that measures put in place are not being followed or their instructions are not being followed.
- Please note. Due to some technology issues and abilities, not all properties will be able to provide video tours and virtual viewings.
- Whilst you can offer on a property from having a video or virtual tour, we would not encourage acceptance or completion to take place until you have had an opportunity to physically visit the property.
- We have carried out a risk assessment for working in our offices and working outside of our office along with being Covid-19 Secure. These documents are available on request from any of our offices.
Stay Alert. Control the Virus. Save Lives. We look forward to hearing from you.